Accounting Assistant – Specialising in Accounts Payables and Receivables – Victoria
We are currently looking for an Accounting Assistant who specializes in accounts payables and receivables. A detail-oriented Accounting Assistant who will be responsible for working with the Chief Financial Officer to provide accounting support to our Sales, Service and Parts departments. This position provides an excellent opportunity to acquire and/or exercise a broad range of accounting skills and knowledge as the automotive industry is a very diverse and interesting one.
If you are a reliable, organized, detail-oriented individual who has a strong desire to learn and to become part of a fantastic team, this is the opportunity for you!
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Coding, posting, and reconciling of daily accounts receivable, cash reports and bank deposits
- Reconciling various monthly remittances (warranty, petty cash, RRSP etc.)
- Monitoring all receivables to ensure timely collection (trade, sublet, warranty, etc.)
- Accounts receivable statements, reviewing monthly AR schedule internally and with managers, cleaning up accounts as needed and printing/sending out monthly statements to customers
- Analyzing employee expense reports to ensure accuracy
- Requesting and preparation of cheques
- Recording incoming new and used vehicle inventory
- Bank transfer postings
- Capital asset tracking
- PST self-assessment on internal accounts and invoices
- Reconciling of miscellaneous schedules and statements such as sublet and marketing schedules
- Filing accounts receivables, payables and other various back ups
- Assisting Accounting Managers with other tasks and duties as needed
- This opportunity is ideal for candidates with a current knowledge of accounting
- At least 1 year of accounting experience would be an asset
- Applicants for this position should have well-developed analytical abilities in order to consistently meet high standards of accuracy
- The successful candidate will have the ability to prioritize and organize time effectively to meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills (including Microsoft Excel and Word)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
If the above describes you then don’t miss your opportunity to be a part of an ever-expanding company such as the GAIN Group, please complete the form below.