Store: GAIN Group
The GAIN Group Victoria is now looking for a highly qualified Accounting Manager to join us. We are looking for someone who thrives on a challenge; someone who is strong enough to stand for what is right, while keeping their focus on what is best for our exacting clientele. If you can balance a budget, while graciously settling a billing dispute and still complete your month end cycle in a timely manner, this may be the position for you.
How we attract the best of the best to join the GAIN Team:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended medical and dental benefits
- Family Assistance Program for employees and dependents.
- “Drive your own brand” programs which allows all of our employees to drive their “dream car” and understand the products in which they represent.
- Employee discounts at the Villa Eyrie Resort and the Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit.
- Vehicle purchase and service incentives.
- Ongoing training and development to support your career growth.
Responsibilities (included by are not limited to):
- Follow and complete all month end procedures with accuracy and efficiency
- Complete monthly reconciliation for all banking accounts, credit card, and cash accounts
- Reconciling various monthly remittances (GST, PST warranty, etc.)
- Oversee issuing of cheques and payment of invoices
- Oversee accounts receivable and payable
- Oversee internal system of handling and reconciling cash and bank accounts
- Support all payroll, marketing, and Human Resource functions
- Prepare monthly financial statements and Gain-Vi reports
- Liaise with managers in the dealership and support them in their accounting needs
- Maintain schedules, oversee cash flow requirements, and provide various reports to Gain-Vi Group Controller
- Assist with preparation for any audits or independent reviews with support from the Gain-Vi Group Controller
- Assist in maintaining and improving policy and procedure documentation for complex financial and accounting issues
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory changes and impacts on the organization’s procedures and general ledger accounts
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial and accounting activities
- Maintain up-to-date, complete and systematic filing system to support accounting and financial records
- Assist in analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to review operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and operating effectiveness of the organization
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- CPA or CGA designation preferred
- 3+ years of experience in accounting, dealership accounting preferred
- Excellent current computer skills including a working knowledge of MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel
- General understanding of computerized accounting systems (ADP or Reynolds an asset)
- Overtime as required to meet deadlines
Apply through the form below:
If the above describes you then don’t miss your opportunity to be a part of an ever-expanding company such as the GAIN Group, please complete the form below.