Accounting Manager – Villa Eyrie Resort
The Villa Eyrie Resort is now looking for a highly qualified Accounting Manager to join us. We are looking for someone who thrives on a challenge; someone who is strong enough to stand for what is right, while keeping their focus on what is best for our exacting clientele. If you can balance a budget, while graciously settling a billing dispute and still complete your month end cycle in a timely manner, this may be the position for you.
How we attract the best of the best to join the GAIN / Villa Eyrie Team:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended medical and dental benefits
- Family Assistance Program for employees and dependents.
- “Drive your own brand” programs which allows all of our employees to drive their “dream car” and understand the products in which they represent.
- Employee discounts at the Villa Eyrie Resort and the Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit.
- Vehicle purchase and service incentives.
- Ongoing training and development to support your career growth.
Responsibilities (included but are not limited to):
- Prepare the monthly financial statements to provide on-time reporting of the monthly budget results to the senior management team;
- Ensure all month end procedures are completed with accuracy and efficiency
- Complete monthly reconciliations for all bank accounts, credit card, and cash accounts;
- Preparing and filing of various monthly remittances (GST, PST warranty, etc.);
- Preparing and/or reviewing payments to vendors;
- Managing accounts receivable balances owed to the resort;
- Oversee internal system of handling and reconciling cash;
- Support all payroll, marketing, and Human Resource functions;
- Maintain schedules, oversee cash flow requirements, and provide various reports to the Group Controller;
- Manage the annual Financial Statement audit process and/or other independent reviews with support from the Group Controller;
- Identify opportunities to improve policies and procedures related to complex financial and accounting issues;
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory changes, Government support measures and their impact on the organization’s procedures and general ledger accounts;
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial and accounting activities;
- Assist in analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to review operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and operating effectiveness of the organization;
- Provide ad hoc financial reports and analysis to managers as required.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- 3+ years of experience in accounting
- Hotel experience required, preferably with Oracle/Opera
- Excellent current computer skills including a working knowledge of MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel
- General understanding of computerized accounting systems
- Overtime as required to meet deadlines
- This position is based out of our head office, located in downtown Victoria. Travel to the Villa Eyrie Resort will be required for meetings and determined by the needs of the business.
If the above describes you then don’t miss your opportunity to be a part of an ever-expanding company such as the GAIN Group, please complete the form below.