Assistant General Manager – Villa Eyrie Resort
Are you a strategic business minded individual looking for a change? Do you excel in the operational workings of a boutique destination resort? If you’re a leader in your profession but also do not mind getting your hands dirty from time to time, this is one opportunity you will want to be a part of.
Spend your days working at one of the most beautiful boutique resorts on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. Rated as having one of the best views in Canada, Villa Eyrie Resort boasts 270 degrees of expansive views and is TripAdvisor’s “travellers’ choice” for one of the top 10% of hotels worldwide.
Receive industry leading compensation, bonuses and extended group benefits. Located only 15 minutes north of Langford and 25 minutes south of Duncan, the Villa Eyrie Resort is only a short drive away from becoming your future.
We are currently seeking a full-time Assistant General Manager to join our incredible operations team.
Duties and Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the Villa Eyrie Resort and subsequent departments
- Adhere to and maintain the operational initiatives, standards and guidelines set forth by the Villa Eyrie Resort, GAIN Group and your General Manager
- Ensure all policies, standards and procedures are adhered to at all times within all departments of the resort
- Maintain employee satisfaction, focusing on team building, regular meetings and training
- Ability to implement property-wide strategies while maintaining brand standards and guest satisfaction within all areas of the resort
- Ability to analyze, problem solve and execute/resolve service issues and maintenance requests within a timely manner
- Monitor hotel operations and departmental sales performance versus budget weekly. Provide guidance and recommendations for any shortfalls required to achieve targets.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and support department managers to not only achieve targets but control expenses, occupancies, personnel costs and reservations
- Review and manage guest feedback and reviews and ensure appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Monitor and engage with guests daily to follow up and ensure guest satisfaction is maintained
- Provide necessary reporting to General Manager for all departments
- Ensure regular effective communication between departments are occurring
- Establish goals and expectations for department managers under the guidance provided by corporate management and General Manager
- Conduct annual reviews and performance reports
- Ensure positive guest and employee satisfaction are maintained
- Ensure full compliance with Villa Eyrie Resort and Alpina Restaurant operational guidelines, standards, policies and procedures.
- Provide active open communication with team members and establish a positive working environment between team members and other departments
- Adhere to and host departmental training regularly with department managers
- Ensure a high standard of grooming, personal appearance and hygiene at all times for yourself as well as the team
- Co-ordinate and communicate with department managers daily on day’s events and any operational challenges, concerns or negative reviews.
- Ensure staff are scheduled in accordance with labour standards, occupancy levels and group events
- Conduct informative daily and weekly manager meetings
- Build and maintain guest rapport throughout length of stay at Resort
- Project a positive, professional and friendly image to the guests and employees
- Monitor department operations by actively participating in the service (observe guests, team performance, cleanliness standards, property maintenance etc)
- Inspect resort daily to ensure cleanliness, physical condition and functioning equipment
- Maintain compliance with government regulations to ensure all COVID procedures are adhered to, at all times
- Minimum 5 years hotel management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major
- Minimum 2 years experience in guest services/front desk, housekeeping, event management, operations, or related professional area.
- Proven leadership and training abilities
- Full availability and flexibility to work any shift, statutory holidays, weekends and be on call as needed for questions and support
- Competitive salary PLUS bonus
- Extensive extended medical and dental benefits, paid 100% by the company
- Career growth opportunities
If the above describes you then don’t miss your opportunity to be a part of an ever-expanding company such as the GAIN Group, please complete the form below.