Automotive Restoration Fabricator Technician
We are looking for an Automotive Restoration Fabricator Technician to join our Gain Collision/ Coachwerks Restoration Center. You will provide varying degrees of repair – from small repairs to complete nut and bolt concours level restorations of predominately vintage post war sports cars as well as the ability to work on late model sport and luxury collision repairs.
Why Join our Team?
- Competitive Compensation
- Extensive benefit plan
- State of the art facilities
- Comprehensive training
- Employee discounts at all GAIN Group of Companies locations
- Much more!
- Minimum 5 years’ experience Red Seal Technician
- Proficiency in the use of TIG/MIG welders on ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Oxy Acetylene Welding
- Heat Shrinking Ferrous and Non-Ferrous metals
- Advanced understanding of metal shaping techniques and the use of required tools and equipment
- Comprehensive understanding of pre and post European automotive design and construction
- Woodworking skills
- Experience with laser measuring systems
- Good customer communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as being self motivated
- Produce a consistent, high-quality product
- Commitment to safe work habits and industry safety programs
- Assess damage and restoration requirements of a project. Work with the estimator to establish an accurate budget.
- Use frame machines to straighten bent frames and unitized bodies
- Remove badly damaged (rust and collision damage) sections of vehicles (ie., roof, rear body panels, etc.) and weld in new sections
- Use metal shaping techniques with required tools and equipment for coach building and manufacturing
- Shaping and manufacturing repair panels for steel and aluminum vintage automobiles
- Replace OEM and aftermarket panels as required or when available
- Inspect vehicles for dimensional accuracy using 3D measuring tools (laser) as well as tram gauges for the correction of misaligned panels and body structures
If the above describes you then don’t miss your opportunity to be a part of an ever-expanding company such as the GAIN Group, please complete the form below.