Certified Payroll Assistant
Store: GAIN Group Head Office
Are you looking to be a part of a fantastic team? We are searching for a self-starting multi-tasker with strong time management skills to join our Human Resources and Payroll department.
If you are a reliable, organized, detail-oriented individual who has a strong desire to learn and to become part of a fantastic team, this is the opportunity for you!
How we attract the best of the best to join the GAIN Team:
- We value your lifestyle and work-life balance.
- Opportunities to expand and advance your career within the company
- Offering the best extended medical coverages within the industry
- Offering additional employee benefits that include discounted rates at all businesses within the GAIN Group including the Villa Eyrie Resort, GAIN Collision, Coachwerks Restoration and exclusive driving opportunities at the world-class Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit.
- An extensive training path within the GAIN Training Academy and their respective brand training curriculums to ensure you get the right tools to lead you to success.
- Our continued involvement within the community through sponsorships and donations to support our local communities in need.
- Verifying accuracy of all payroll-related data for hourly, salaried and commissioned employees
- Processing payroll for bi-weekly, semi-monthly and monthly employees
- Manual recording of employee’s sick days, vacation days, and absences
- Completing ROE’s on the web
- Administrating employee benefit programs
- Responding to employee enquires relating to payroll and benefits
- Collecting and reporting union dues and RRSP contributions
- Completing and submitting WCB employer reports
- Completing and submitting short-term and long-term disability claims
- Filing of payroll related forms
- Verifying annual payroll deductions
- Compiling payroll reports to forward to accountants
- Completing various reconciliations, including RRSP, WCB, Empire Life, MSP and parking
- Tracking of Apprentice Technicians’ hours
- Assisting with the completion of employee averaging for garage policy renewals
- Completing T2200s
- Certified Payroll Practitioner required
- Solid understanding of and experience with ADP Workforce Now is a great asset
- Minimum 3 years of payroll experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed MS Office skills and experience (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel and Google Docs.)
- Excellent communication skills
- A willingness to learn and possesses a positive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment, to work accurately under pressure and within very tight timelines.
Apply through the form below:
If the above describes you then don’t miss your opportunity to be a part of an ever-expanding company such as the GAIN Group, please complete the form below.