Chef de Partie
This position must be filled immediately. Only local applicants will be considered.
Elevate your career to new heights with the Villa Eyrie Resort.
The Villa Eyrie Resort, part of the GAIN Group, is committed to excellence, luxury and pushing boundaries to exceed customers’ expectations! We are committed to continued innovation, unique possibilities and strive to maintain a positive work environment. We encourage the development of our team support continued growth to allow for advancement within the organization. We are looking for a Chef de Partie to join this fantastic team!
A career within the Villa Eyrie Resort means you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive Compensation & Group Health Benefits
- Continual Training
- Career development and Advancement Opportunities
- Vehicle Purchase & Service Incentives
- Employee Discounts at our Villa Eyrie Resort and Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit
The Chef de Partie is responsible for their designated station to prepare the highest quality food according the Executive Chef’s recipes and specifications. The Chef de Partie reports to the Executive Chef.
As a Chef de Partie, responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in the preparation of food items according to guest orders of consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards
- Reports to Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef
- Assists in coordinating daily tasks with the Sous Chef
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors
- Comfortable working independently or with a team in a high-pressure environment
- Assists in supervising 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, level cooks
- Ensure effective communication between all kitchen staff
- Complete mise èn place and set-up station for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner service
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare beyond estimated needs
- Train, motivate, recommend discipline, and supervise the work of kitchen employees ensuring that all cultural and core standards are met
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment
- Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up
- Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages
- Return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems
- Assist in any additional tasks and duties as assigned by the Executive Chef
- Minimum 3-year kitchen experience
- Exceptional attention to detail and developed organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Team player and able to give support and encouragement to others
- Preferred Journeyman/Red Seal Certification
- Food Safe Certification
Apply through the form below:
If the above describes you then don’t miss your opportunity to be a part of an ever-expanding company such as the GAIN Group, please complete the form below.