Event Coordinator/Guest Services Support – Villa Eyrie Resort
$20 per hour + Gratuities + Benefits (medical and dental)
**Full-time, year-round employment**
The Villa Eyrie Resort is a vital part of the GAIN Group of Companies and its unique offering of luxury experiences. Located only 25 minutes from downtown Victoria, the Villa Eyrie Resort features stunning views from our rooms, spa and restaurant. We focus primarily on leisure and experiential getaways for clients from Vancouver Island and British Columbia. It goes without saying that friendly service and personalized care are also very important to us and our guests.
We are currently seeking a full-time, five days a week, Event Coordinator/Guest Services Support to join our incredible team.
Why work with us?
- Competitive compensation package + gratuities + extended benefits
- Extensive health and dental package after 90 days
- Full-time, year-round employment
- Additional employee benefits include discounted friends and family rates at all businesses with the GAIN Group of Companies, including the villa Eyrie Resort, GAIN Collision, Coachwerks Restoration, Cowichan River Lodge and exclusive driving opportunities at the world-class Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit, and special rates at other hotel properties
What you will need to be a part of our great team….
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written)
- Must be flexible with schedule to be available days and evenings. Available to work any shift, statutory holidays, weekends and be on call as needed
- Professional and well-groomed
- Detail oriented and organized
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Tech Savvy: proficient in Microsoft Suite; knowledge of Maestro hotel software an asset
- Hold a valid BC driver’s license and owns a reliable vehicle with proper seasonal tires
What you will do….
- Facilitate Property Tours
- Create manuals, reports, training documents and contracts to assist the Director of Sales
- Organize all event orders with extreme details
- Responsible for booking rooms, venue rentals, room blocks etc.
- Audit and ensure all accounts are accurate and invoiced
- Liaise with suppliers and vendors for events to ensure all details are brought to life
- Oversee execution of events throughout the year
- Responsible for ensuring the look and feel of the space/room/event is adhered to, achieved etc, with the assistance of the Restaurant Manager & Director of Sales
- Pick up supplies and rentals where required
- Assist in all day to day operations for all event requirements
- Coordinate with various internal departments to ensure the successful execution of each event
- Communicate with clients to confirm flow and details of upcoming events
- Facilitate, dispatch and assist guest inquiries for bookings, dining, spa and event reservations, activity recommendations and ensure they have everything they need for the duration of their stay
- Greet, check-in and settle guest accounts while ensuring all service standards are exceeded
- Deliver specialty items and requirements to guest rooms and for event functions where required
- Maximize revenue by offering guests alternatives and opportunities to enhance their experiences
- Other duties as assigned
If the above describes you then don’t miss your opportunity to be a part of an ever-expanding company such as the GAIN Group, please complete the form below.