Line Cook / First Cook – Villa Eyrie Resort
Spend your days working at one of the most beautiful boutique resorts on Vancouver Island. Rated as having one of the best views in Canada, Villa Eyrie Resort features 270 degrees of expansive views overlooking Finlayson Arm, the Olympic Mountains, and Mount Baker. Located only 25 minutes north of Victoria and south of Duncan, this is one unique opportunity you will want to be a part of.
The Villa Eyrie Resort, part of the GAIN Group, is committed to excellence, luxury and pushing boundaries to exceed customers’ expectations! The Line Cook / First Cook is responsible for assisting and directing food preparation and cooking activities. Ensure quality of food and portion control, create new recipes, requisition food and kitchen supplies and equipment, schedule staff, and supervise cooks and kitchen staff.
- Provides first class customer service, kitchen and facility cleanliness and quality foods
- Baking a wide variety of foods, snacks and desserts
- Coordinate and manage buffet service or plate service
- Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers
- Assist in the overseeing of the kitchen operations
- Follow Food Safe requirements
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Training new kitchen and dining room staff
- Prepare weekly food orders and input or process as directed by the Chef
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless team-oriented guest service
- Clean-up workspace surfaces, appliances, buffet lines, pots, pans, dishes and all food related equipment and supplies
- Monitor all food in preparation and storage daily, to avoid spoilage
- Maintain and upkeep of kitchen and dining room equipment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience being a Kitchen Cook or 1st Cook
- Cook Trade Certification, Food Safe Certificate, WHIMIS
- Completion of High School
- Experience in planning and directing food preparation and cooking, estimate food requirements and labour
- Excellent attention to detail and well developed organizational skills
- Strong work ethic with an ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience in maintaining records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory is an asset
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Excel and Word is an asset
Wage: $17/hr to start with an increase to $18/hr after probation + Gratuities + Fuel Allowance
Please submit your resume via the form below
If the above describes you then don’t miss your opportunity to be a part of an ever-expanding company such as the GAIN Group, please complete the form below.