HR Generalist – Victoria, BC
Are you looking for a career that excites you? Do you love to hunt for the perfect candidate?
If so, we’re looking for you!
Do you have a broad knowledge of human resources best practices, are you highly energetic, personable, professional and resourceful? Are you comfortable interacting with personnel at all levels and can you work collaboratively within a team as well as independently? As a Human Resources Generalist you will be responsible for a broad range of HR functions including employee relations, performance management, policy implementation, HR analytics and compliance within our Victoria automotive group which includes one to two dealerships.
How we attract the best of the best to join the GAIN Team:
- Competitive compensation & group health benefits
- Ability to purchase your dream car at any GAIN Group dealership
- Vehicle purchase & service incentives
- Employee discounts at our Villa Eyrie Resort and Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Work alongside with the HR Director providing weekly status reports of each dealership, detailing any ongoing key issues.
- Develop and co-ordinate employee training and development including new hire orientation, performance reviews, and ongoing skills development
- Full-cycle recruitment including job postings, applicant tracking, pre-screening, interviews, employment offers, onboarding (orientation), etc.
- Communicates with dealership general managers to ensure the effective implementation of HR plans, projects and programs as well as understanding the functions of the dealership
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action.
- Ability to prioritize and complete a wide variety of tasks efficiently within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines
- Act as a key employee resource, proactively respond to employee questions and concerns
- Facilitate communication and resolve conflicts
- Conduct exit interviews and ensure feedback is communicated to appropriate levels of management, and ensure exit process is executed
- Previous Human Resources experience required
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving capabilities; resourceful and proactive
- Excellent judgment, professionalism, and ability to handle confidential information
If the above describes you then don’t miss your opportunity to be a part of an ever-expanding company such as the GAIN Group, please complete the form below.