Human Resources Generalist – GAIN Group Nanaimo
Do you have a basic knowledge of human resources best practices; are you highly energetic, personable, professional and resourceful? Are you comfortable interacting with personnel at all levels and can you work collaboratively within a team as well as independently? As a Human Resources Generalist, you will be responsible for supporting a broad range of HR functions including employee relations, performance management, policy implementation, HR analytics and compliance within our Nanaimo automotive group and the Villa Eyrie Resort.
If you have a strong work ethic and appreciate a team-driven environment, a bright new career may be waiting for you!
Why work with us? We believe in community – our employees, our customers, and our local charities.
- Competitive pay, medical and dental benefits
- Challenge and career growth opportunities across our group of dealerships
- A fun, positive team environment!
- “Drive your own brand” purchase plans and discounts at our luxury dealerships, the Villa Eyrie Resort, and our world-class Motorsport Circuit
- And much more . . .ask us!
What you will do . . .
- Provide weekly status reports of each dealership and the Villa Eyrie Resort, detailing any ongoing key issues
- Develop and co-ordinate employee training and development including new hire orientation, performance reviews, and ongoing skills development
- Perform full-cycle recruitment including job postings, applicant tracking, pre-screening, interviews, employment offers, onboarding (orientation), etc.
- Communicate with dealership and the Villa Eyrie general managers to ensure the effective implementation of HR plans, projects and programs as well as understanding the functions of the dealership
- Develop human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action
Our ideal HR Generalist . . .
- Is able to prioritize and complete a wide variety of tasks efficiently within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines
- Acts as a key employee resource, proactively respond to employee questions and concerns
- Facilitates communication and resolve conflicts
What you will need to be part of our great team . . .
- Previous Human Resources experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving capabilities; resourceful and proactive
- Excellent judgment, professionalism, and ability to handle confidential information
*A criminal record check and driver’s abstract report will be required upon hire
If the above describes you then don’t miss your opportunity to be a part of an ever-expanding company such as the GAIN Group, please complete the form below.