Elevate your career to new heights with the Villa Eyrie Resort.
The Villa Eyrie Resort, part of the GAIN Group, is committed to excellence, luxury and pushing boundaries to exceed customers’ expectations! We are committed to continued innovation, unique possibilities and strive to maintain a positive work environment. We encourage the development of our team support continued growth to allow for advancement within the organization. We are looking for a Restaurant Supervisor to join this fantastic team!
A career within the Villa Eyrie Resort means you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive Compensation & Group Health Benefits
- Career development and Advancement Opportunities
- Vehicle Purchase & Service Incentives
- Employee Discounts at our Villa Eyrie Resort and Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit
The Restaurant Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Restaurant Manager in directing and organizing all food and beverage outlets to ensure exceptional service, food and beverage offerings and a phenomenal guest experience. The Restaurant Supervisor reports to the Food and Beverage Manager.
Please note that the following list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and that the Restaurant Supervisor may be expected to perform other reasonable duties and responsibilities should the need arise:
- Assist the Restaurant Manager and other Department Heads to achieve the business objectives of the resort
- Assist in completing performance reviews for the restaurant staff
- Supervise the floor during meal periods to ensure that all standards and steps of service are met
- Assist in budgeting and cost estimating supplies for the bar and restaurant
- Provide a logical staff schedule for the restaurant team
- Ensure an organized and clean storage area for wine, dry storage, and bar supplies
- Observe performance of the restaurant team and encourage improvement where necessary
- Communicate with guests and employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriated actions and provide accurate information
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy Resort activity, serving as a role model for the team and other Resort employees
- Ensure a high standard of grooming, personal appearance and hygiene at all times
- Create a positive atmosphere and ensure that all members of the team are fully trained in their duties
- Interact positively with guests promoting the Resort’s facilities and services
- Coordinate and document reservations on a daily basis
- Attend relevant meetings as required by the Restaurant Manager and Director of Food and Beverage
- Ensure that all standards and resort cash handling procedures are met
- Act as liaison to the Chefs and cooking staff advising on what food needs to be replenished during events
- Assist event coordinators and hosts by addressing and/or fixing any questions or concerns
- Assist with site inspection and take part in pre-event briefings
- Coordinate function details with banquet, restaurant, front desk and kitchen staff.
- Be intimate with all current and upcoming Banquet Event Orders (BEOs)
- Solicit feedback from guests concerning the service and food and beverage offerings
- Assist the Restaurant Manager in planning and setting up special events
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics which inspire team members to meet and exceed standards
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Food and Beverage Manager
- Minimum 5-year restaurant experience
- Preferred 1-year supervisory experience
- Food Safe Certification
- Serving it Right Certification
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Apply through the form below:
If the above describes you then don’t miss your opportunity to be a part of an ever-expanding company such as the GAIN Group, please complete the form below.