Sous Chef – Villa Eyrie Resort
Spend your days working at one of the best restaurants and largest patios on Vancouver Island. Rated as having one of the best views in Canada, Villa Eyrie Resort features 270 degrees of expansive views overlooking Finlayson Arm, the Olympic Mountains, and Mount Baker. Located only 15 minutes north of Langford and 25 minutes south of Duncan, this is one unique opportunity you will want to be a part of.
The Villa Eyrie Resort is currently seeking a full-time Sous Chef to join our incredible team.
Duties and responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Ensure all operational standards and internal policies relating to the Kitchen are up to date at all times.
- Strive to continually improve food preparations, presentations, and menu selections in all culinary areas of the Resort.
- Actively work to minimize waste and spoilage in the all Kitchen areas.
- Ensure monthly financial projects and results for the Kitchen are accurate and on target to expectations.
- Maintain control over costs in all areas of the Kitchen, including payroll, supplies, etc.
- Manager food cost on an ongoing basis to ensure in line with budget and forecast.
- Actively participate in the ongoing development of the Villa Eyrie Resort, including revenue forecasting; ensuring the consistent delivery of the Resort’s core values and operational standards, and overseeing the health, safety and security of both guests and employees.
- 2-4 years experience as a Sous Chef in a luxury hotel environment preferred
- Strong working knowledge of hospitality industry principles, methods, practices and techniques as they relate to all culinary areas
- Ability to create a culture of innovation and creativity coupled with consistent delivery and presentation
- Sincere customer focus and true appreciation for the guest experience
- Proven knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management and budgeting techniques, specifically as it relates to achieving food and labour cost targets
- Competitive salary PLUS gratuities
- Extensive extended medical and dental benefits
- Learn from our Michelin-Star trained Executive Chef
- Career growth opportunities
Wage: Annual salary of $55,000.00 + up to $6,000.00 gratuities
If the above describes you then don’t miss your opportunity to be a part of an ever-expanding company such as the GAIN Group, please complete the form below.