Rock ‘n Roll For Little Souls was established to work with community interest to ensure local health authorities financial support specifically directed at providing Pediatrics the opportunity for life sustaining equipment and patient families comfort during short and lengthy periods of the child’s rehabilitation.
From the inception of Rock ‘n Roll for Little Souls, the event has provided funds to Pediatric care at Victoria General Hospital
Every year at VGH:
- More than 14,000 child and youth patients receive care for conditions ranging from broken bones to chemotherapy
- More than 3,000 babies are born and nearly 500 are premature, high risk or critically babies that require care in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- There are 1,200 outpatient and inpatient echo-cardiograms performed related to heart health concerns
- Approximately 20 new cases of pediatric cancer are diagnosed
- More than 10,000 children visit the VGH Emergency Department
- Donations support the purchase of equipment and special projects
The purchase of specialized pediatric equipment and funding for special projects that improve the hospital experience for patients and their families has been made possible thanks to the generous gifts and dedicated work from Community Volunteers since 2002 and the Saanich Fire Fighters Charitable Foundation continuing the tradition since 2008.